So yesterday while doing day 2 of Beachbody's 3 week yoga retreat (at home and from my laptop) the instructor mentioned that to become "balanced" in yoga one has to work through the "imbalances" in your yoga routines. This got me to thinking (while doing yoga and I was glad it was just a "stretching" session) that this concept applies to everything in life and is exactly what I am doing in trying to make changes in my life.
Currently my life is out of balance (in more ways than one) but specifically as it relates to health and fitness. Currently what I am doing is working through the imbalances in this area of my life and when it becomes balanced once again I will be the one who benefits the most. The benefits.....
- Feeling good physically
- Increased stamina and productivity
- Sleeping better
- Improved self-esteem, I mean come on, who doesn't want to take off their shirt if you have a six-pack (not even close yet but one does have to have dreams)
- Improved health and wellness
- Saving money due to cooking at home (healthier) vs. eating out (convenience factor)
- Hmmm, I can't really think of any
Then if one wants to go on a deeper dive one can apply the concept of imbalance to one's entire life. This is an area where there can be a lot of improvement also. I've always worked too much and where has it gotten me..... not very far as the more I've worked the more I've spent, but that's a topic for another day. But it has gotten me to thinking about other "imbalances" in my life and what I need to do to correct those imbalances.
I think that I am going to like this yoga thing.....