To boldly go...

7개월 전

IMG_20200121_103645.jpg

I made a wonderful fix that I want to share. Something that, probably, no one has done before. May be I should have found a replacement for this item, but that could be not so easy in this place.

It is a toilet flapper I repaired. The rubber seems to have shrunk a little and doesn't seal properly. I used some foam sheets to extend the area covered by the rubber.

I tested this fix in another flapper and, incredibly, it has lasted five years!
I'm sure, nonetheless, you'll prefer to buy a new flapper.

Below you can see the process. Enjoy the wonder...


Text and images belong to @toronyor


IMG_20200121_103656.jpg

IMG_20200121_103708.jpg

IMG_20200121_103925.jpg

IMG_20200121_104250.jpg

IMG_20200121_104329.jpg

IMG_20200121_104411.jpg

IMG_20200121_104638.jpg

IMG_20200121_104800.jpg

IMG_20200121_104822.jpg

IMG_20200121_105012.jpg

IMG_20200121_105150.jpg

IMG_20200121_105509.jpg

IMG_20200121_120558.jpg

IMG_20200121_120619.jpg

IMG_20200121_120746.jpg

IMG_20200121_121045.jpg
at the end, I had to cut the "skirt" a little

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
STEEMKR.COM IS SPONSORED BY
ADVERTISEMENT