I was previously using Steem only from my PC but decided to give a mobile access a try while I was out for a couple of days. Partiko was probably an obvious try, since I've seen quite a lot of people using it - at least given the Partiko comment signatures it leaves behind. The Installation was easy. For the login via SteemConnect is was handy to have
adb in place for the private key input, but this is probably a general problem for Steem related apps and services.
However, a couple of thing seem to be not properly working for me.
The feed repeats
I go to Home -> Feed and scroll down the list of posts. At some point (maybe after around 20 posts) I see the same posts from the top again?! It seems to be only on my feed, the trending/hot/new feeds seem to work correctly. It also repeats only the top few posts, later posts appear only once. Annoying, but OK...
'Discover' suggests only posts from 5 months ago
'Chats' raises an API error
How is this supposed to work - is anybody using this feature?
No notifications, all notification tabs remain empty
I have partiko installed for over a week now, I haven't received a single notification. But I got replies, was mentioned, have been voted and have received transfers?!
Partiko-Points and Ads
I understand than an app like this is not developed out of nothing. But come on, I would not have expected a full-screen-uninterruptable-with-sound advertisement when tapping on "Free points" - at least let me know what happens when I click that button!
It even happened that I was greeted with a full-screen ad when starting partiko. Sorry, but this is an absolute no-go for me.
tcpdump against a quick partiko session, here's what the app connects to:
- steemconnect.com and beta.steemconnect.com - OK, this is the authentication
- api.steemit.com and steemitimages.com - OK, these are Steem posts and images
- api.partiko.io - partiko points, I assume?!
- several adcolony.com subdomains, several branch.io subdomains - let me guess...
- How can I see a list of my comments and especially replies to those? This is the main thing I miss.
- can I see wallet activity?
- Is there a way to quickly scroll back to the top of a feed to refresh it?
Is it me, is this a problem with my device/setup/settings? Are you using Partiko and does it "work" for you? I'd be happy to hear your experiences and if you have any hints on how to "fix" it. Or alternatives to try.