What is Peerity.io?
- A single location for users and communities to find each other, share ideas and content, and organize events.
- A community-building platform that brings people together, and allows them to shape their communities how they want it. We are aligning the incentives between creators, the network, and consumers. Peerity rewards activity and community-building interactions.
- Whether you are a new rock band trying to become popular, an art organization throwing an event, a teacher with students you would like to reward, or a company trying to crowdfund a new product, Peerity.io has got you covered.
- Activity network vs social network- Typical social networks up until now have inspired anti-social behavior. With Peerity we would like to do the opposite, by creating incentive for groups and individuals to create content, organize an event, or perform other acts that will help grow the community. In normal situations, positive social interaction helps grow communities. So this is the kind of behavior we want to reward. This reward comes in the form of our token.
Listen to Peerity on Beyond Bitcoin Hangout from this morning, raw recording provided by: @africa
Check out peerity blog to view articles such as:
Earlier this month, Peerity was given the opportunity to present the project at the Blockchain +IOT Expo in Berlin. Though the internet connection was next to non-existing, which was quite a surprise for a tech event, Peerity’s first public appearance was an amazing experience.
Peerity is a social connection and activity platform. We connect individuals, communities, and organizations together. Want to start a band, write a novel, volunteer? Peerity is here to make connection and collaboration effortless.
Our goal is to provide the tools and space for communities to thrive online. Think of us as Meetup meets Reddit meets Patreon meets Bitcoin.
Communities can use Peerity to find and recruit members who are interested in their causes. A Peerity community can raise funds, launch projects, advertise services, and more.
Create your profile and get effortlessly connected to people, communities, and organizations with similar interests and goals that are local to you. Plus, you will automatically get Peerity tokens based on activity that you can redeem for site features or exchange for cash.
Established organizations can use Peerity to connect with those interested in their brand, products, or goals.
Whitepaper / Presentation
If you are new to Peerity.io you can read our whitepaper here or listen to Jan Schets’ presentation below. It gives a quick look at the project that we have been putting together for the past few months.
Peerity Alpha Testnet
LIFE HAPPENS AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. DON’T LET TECHNOLOGY TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE, HAVE TECHNOLOGY AMPLIFY IT. PEERITY REWARDS LIVE HUMAN ACTIVITIES.
I have always wondered, “What if there was a blockchain that could help active communities such as living arts and civil services?”
Put simply: Peerity is an Activity Network built with Tendermint that rewards positive actions via online content, commerce, and most importantly live human gatherings. Exciting times.
What is Peerity?
Peerity token sale
Watch for updates of the token sale. @virtualgrowth will be offering/giving away free crowdsale tokens on bitshares when available.
“The overall goal of the online token reward system is to reward helpful, high-value content while diminishing spam and hostile behavior. Users who post helpful, courteous, friendly content will be rewarded.”
As with many blockchains there will be those with a greater stake in the success and direction of the platform. These nodes will be responsible for validating blocks on the Peerity chain. They will be incentivized with something like 35% of the daily created tokens.
- The Peerity blockchain runs on Tendermint. We decided to use Tendermint because of its superior speed and BFT (Byzantine Fault Tolerance) consensus engine. It also allows us to make our blockchain in whichever way we decide. Tendermint also has one of the fastest Tx speeds of all consensus engines.
- Peer Servers are the validators in our Tendermint-based blockchain. They are responsible for committing new blocks on the chain. The amount and selection of Peer servers is done by Peerity Inc. If you are interested in becoming a Peer server, get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access to our closed alpha and beta phase is reserved for Peer server operators and participants of the private and public crowdfunding rounds. Invitations will be sent on a first-come, first-serve basis.