A few tidbits from the Nunes FISA Memo - I've added a link to the full text - as published by the AP - below.
Declassified by order of the President
February 2, 2018
The 'dossier'- compiled by Christopher Steele (Steele dossier) on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Hillary Clinton campaign formed an essential part of the Carter Page FISA application. Steele was a longtime FBI source who was paid over $160,000 by the DNC and Clinton campaign, via the law firm Perkins Coie and research firm Fusion GPS, to obtain derogatory information on Donald Trump's ties to Russia.
a) Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or. any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior and FBI officials.
b) The initial FISA application notes Steele was working for a named US. person, but does not name Fusion GPS and principal Glenn Simpson, who was paid by a US. law firm (Perkins Coie) representing the DNC (even though it was known by DOI at the, time that political actors were involved with the Steele dossier). The application does not mention Steele was ultimately working on behalf of and paid by the DNC and Clinton campaign, or that the FBI had separately authorized payment to Steele for the same information.
PROPERTY OF THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
In short, the corrupt, dirty cops on the 7th Floor of FBI headquarters used a phony, un-vetted "dossier" to obtain a FISA warrant - and mislead to the FISA court while they were doing it.
Before and after Steele was terminated as a source, he maintained contact with DOJ via then-Associate Deputy Attorney General Bruce 0hr, a senior DOJ official who worked closely with Deputy Attorneys General Yates and later Rosenstein. Shortly after the election, the FBI began interviewing 0hr, documenting his communications with Steele. For example, in September 2016, Steele admitted to 0hr his feelings against then-candidate Trump when Steele said he 'was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not, being president.' This clear evidence of Steele's bias was recorded by Ohr at the time and subsequently in official FBI files but not reflected in any of the Page FISA applications.
a) During this same time period, Ohr's wife was employed by Fusion GPS to assist in the cultivation of opposition research on Trump. Ohr later provided the FBI with all of his wife's opposition research, paid for by the DNC and Clinton campaign via Fusion GPS. The Ohrs' relationship with Steele and Fusion GPS was inexplicably concealed from the FISC.
I wonder how the FISA judge that was bamboozled by this nonsense feels now.
- AP: Full Text of President Trump's Letter and Nunes Memo
- Breitbart: MEMO RELEASED: FBI Officials Knew Political Origins of Dossier, But Used It Anyway
- Conservative Review: If the FISA memo were a football scandal... The sides shouldn’t matter if the game is rigged.
- Conservative Review: Here’s what’s important about the Nunes memo
- Jackson, Kevin: FISA Memo RELEASED: Now REAL Investigations Can Begin
- MRC Newsbusters: Hysteria on CNN Set: Dismisses Dossier Concerns in Memo, Touts Use of Biased Sources
- Political Insider: Nunes Memo Released, Detailing FISA Court Abuse Against Trump Campaign
- PJ Media: Nunes Memo Alleges Page FISA Warrants Left Out Investigative Ties to Dems
- Washington Examiner: Trump accuses FBI, DOJ leadership of bias against Republicans and in favor of Dems
"Government-controlled schooling is essential to achieving the goals of Socialism."
- Karl Marx, Communist Manifesto