WHY WE CHOSE TO VISIT AN ORPHANAGE, THE IMPORTANCE AND REASON.
Orphanages are an important part of our society as they give children the kind of upbringing they need regardless of their family situation. Many will take in children as young as infants and do the best they can to raise them and give them proper nutrition and care they need to grow healthy and strong.
Too often children find themselves in a situation where they don't have parents to take care of them. The reasons can be many, but at the end the result is the same, they become kids with no where to go and no way to get the proper care they need. This is one of the importance, reasons and why we need to visit orphanages more often to help out the kids so they don't feel completely left out.
The main objective of the orphanage is to create a positive loving environment in which the often abandoned and neglected children feel at home and cared for, as a basis for social and professional development. A significant effort is invested in re-socializing the children after they come in. Often there is initial mistrust against adults due to abuse. In addition my goal is to see that all children are significantly on the same page with their age groups with respect to schooling and education.
My goal is to reach out to as many children as I can, but for the start, 5 Orphanges. The list items are: A bag of Rice, A bag of Garri, 5Tubers of Yam, A carton of Spaghetti, 3Packect of Salt, 3Packect of Maggi, 2Rubber of Custard, 2Carton of Indomine, A set of Tissue paper, A Tin of Milk and Milo. E-Banner for outreach.
The first visit to the orphanage was a big success due to the support we got from the steemit community
The project was a fun one and we enjoyed putting a smile in the faces of the kids we decided to same thing again especially now Christmas is fast approaching so the kids can have a reason to celebrate.
The project have started few days before we introducing it on fundition and now introducing it to the steemit community, we really hope this project could be bigger and better than the last one and with your support I know it will be possible.
We are glad to announce that @girlsfoundation will be expanding or extending to Lagos, we would appreciate as many support as possible we could get from steemians in Lagos, Nigeria. The project visit to the orphanage will be handled by @faetee and @roseylolo all in Lagos.
Roseylolo is a selfless human who is now a steemian so we can now call her a selfless steemian.
@roseylolo has started the orphanage movement already all from the Girlsfoundation account.
T-shirts for the project will be printed out sooner or later. The aim is not only to put a smile on the faces of the kids but also announce steemit and @fundition to the world.
About girls foundation
The girls foundation is a project set up to enlighten young ladies of their norms and value, advocate for the girl-child, encourage and support them with the little we can.We believe the girl-child can bring about change in our society. Women are essential to the nation because they take care of its children, the children are the future leaders of the nation, if you are familiar with the bible you must have heard of this verse “train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he won‟t depart from it”.Girls foundation was founded by a group of selfless ladies, it is a non�governmental organization an d believes in decentralization.
- To enlighten youths of their purpose in life. We believe once you know the truth and purpose of your existence you are free, the journey to success and failure now lies in your hands.
- Rape free society- Rape is a sexual assault carried out against a person forcefully. The rate at which girls are being raped these days is alarming, we are also humans and we deserve respect. Most rape victims suffer from trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder, serious injuries and in some cases pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection.
- Fight against domestic violence- it is also known as intimate partner violence, domestic abuse or family violence ; it's a form of violence committed in a domestic or family setting, such as in marriage or cohabitation. It is called intimate partner violence when committed by spouse and called family violence when it involves the kids, parents or elders. Domestic violence has several effects on human that's is why girls foundation is picking it up. Effects of domestic violence
1.) Physical effect: This involves bruises round the victim, broken wrists, shortness of breath etc.
2.) Mental effect: This involves PTSD (post-traumatic stress),
pressing, drug abuse, suicidal thoughts etc.
3.) Emotional effect: This involves feeling unworthy, hopeless and not motivated etc.
4.)It affects the development of the kids and they suffer from
depression, anxiety, fear etc
Domestic violence always produces an international cycles of
violence. Funny, only few people see themselves as being abused; considering it as family matter.
- Girl education: Some people still believe that training a female child is a waste of time and money 'cause they feel she'd still end up in the kitchen, well sorry to disappoint you but ladies can do much more than just being house wives, lots of educated women are doing fine in our society today. Every child deserves equal right to education.We don't think anyone should be treated differently because of their gender, we are all one and it's high time we realized that.
The primary aim of the girls foundation is to enlighten youths and increase the awareness of the steem blockchain and steemit. Giving girls the ability to create wealth with their writing skills, without waiting for the government intervention.
Visit to the orphanage
2nd of July 2018 the girls foundation visited Lemu orphanage home in port Harcourt, Nigeria.
After which we talked to the owners of the orphanage and presented the little gift we got for them.
Then we moved on to the story section which was the most interesting aspect of the visit. I handled the story section and i told the kids two stories, titled "the honest wood cutter" and "the man and the little cat"
Visit to enlighten young ladies
On the 13th of June 2018 we visit the females of new era collage.
- We gave a briefing about the foundation and it's goals
- Gave lectures
- Question and answer section
- Gift section
- And the amazing pictures section.
Distribution of writing materials to assist the educational sector
We visited the school on their graduation, 19th July 2018 to give the graduating students and the best graduating students gifts to encourage them.
We would be so much be glad and grateful if you could support @girlsfoundation with your Delegation by simply clicking any of the preferred links below. Many Thanks for your support.