Read this article from Mark Ford on Early to Rise --> https://www.earlytorise.com/mentor-is-your-key-to-success/
Here's the skinny:
- Find 5 people in your industry who has the life you want.
- Make sure they are retired 2-5 years out. (Any longer and they may be out of touch)
- Write them a message of sincere admiration, their accomplishments, etc.
- Ask to take them out for coffee.
- If they live way too far from where you are, ask for a 15-minute phone call.
- List your goals for the next 5 years, what you expect from this relationship, etc.
- Discuss with your would-be mentor.
- FOLLOW HIS/HER ADVICE <-- very important
- Respect the mentor-mentee relationship by paying them what you are comfortable with and that he/she thinks is fair for their time. (If this gets too expensive, find another mentor)
Posted from my blog with SteemPress : https://bensimblog.com/how-to-find-mentors/