This is always a hit in our house, they always have seconds and there's rarely any left overs.
Sweet Shepherds Pie Recipe
1lb lean ground beef
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 can of creamed corn 1 cup each corn nibblets, and frozen peas
1 cup shredded cheese (marble, cheddar, any kind you like)
2 tbsp of butter or margarine 1/2 cup of milk
1/2 tsp each, salt & pepper, garlic powder, and celery salt
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cook ground beef according to above directions
- In a medium pot, boil potatoes until soft. (As you would for mashed potatoes)
- Mash potatoes, add milk, margarine, celery salt & pepper
- Combine all corn and peas together in a bowl.
- In a 9-12inch casserole dish(can be round or square) place cooked beef, in the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with veggie mixture, add potatoes, and top with cheese!
- Place in oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese starts to bubble, and potatoes are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes then cut and serve!