Thank you to the hard working coders and please use this to support the robinhood whale!
I'll throw the SBD to the fund so if you can't install the bot an upvote is pretty close.
So if you don't know about The Robinhood Whale initiative checkout this intro post: https://steemit.com/robinhoodwhale/@robinhoodwhale/announcing-robinhoodwhale-the-steemit-deep-sea-savior and join us on https://steemit.chat/channel/robinhood
Bots are inevitable, this is a middle ground. Supporting Robinhood is great, for one they liked one of my posts, but even better, they have an open community in robinhood-links where you can share users you think are great for the platform, so we can keep those great people around. @repholder who runs the project said I can post this on my account.
Credits to Creators
This amazing software was created by @lukestokes. It is still under development. If you're a forker on github checkout the php-steem-tools repo: https://github.com/lukestokes/php-steem-tools - As many other projects do, it's based on piston by @xeroc which is a great all around tool for interfacing with steemit without a node: https://github.com/xeroc/piston
From comment: lukestokes
PSA: This is test code, so please keep that in mind if it breaks in the future. I have no version numbering or anything at this point.
Requirements: A Linux computer or VPS. In this guide I am assuming you have Ubuntu use the appropriate package manager.
- sudo apt-get -y install python3-pip php5 php-pear php5-mysql php5-curl git
- sudo pip3 install steem-piston
- piston addkey [posting private key]
- choose a password
- git clone https://github.com/lukestokes/php-steem-tools
- cd php-steem-tools
- wget https://getcomposer.org/installer
- php composer.phar install
- cd /bot/php-steem-tools/tests/Bots
- nano CopyCatVoterTest.php
- change username to your piston added user
- php CopyCatVoterTest.php
- you will need to enter your password for each vote
If you wish to autovote you can use the UNLOCK env variable. PLEASE ONLY ADD POSTING KEY TO PISTON AND USE A PASSPHRASE YOU DO NOT USE OTHER PLACES
so i assume nano is easiest for you on linux
- from root of github, cd /bot/php-steem-tools/src/SteemTools/Bots, then nano CopyCatVoter.php, look for public function vote at bottom part. You'll see:
$command = piston upvote --voter ' . $voter;
- add UNLOCK="genericpistonpassword"
- will look like this: $command = 'UNLOCK="genericpistonpassword" piston upvote --voter ' . $voter;
Double warning using the unlock variable will allow anyone that can see the code to access your piston wallet, so only add a posting key, a password you DO NOT USE other places, and take appropriate security caution.
Be nice ;)
Please be kind and keep it locked to robinhoodwhale. You'll still get rewards, and you're supporting something great. If you want to influence who is listed as I said visit the robinhood-links channel and share a link of someone you love and if it fits for the group they'll be supported.