What if you could build an account on Steemit.com that would rank for any keywords in your chosen niche? This is precisely what I am trying to accomplish via a project account called @ucluelet.
In this article, I am going to share with you EXACTLY what I am doing to build the page authority of that page day after day.
But first, let me define some terms:
an incoming hyperlink from one web page to another website.
Basically, whenever another website is pointing to your chosen domain or article, you have a "backlink". Now, back in the old day, you could have any type of backlinks and it didn't matter. Now, you need backlinks that are relevant and contextual to the niche you are looking to cover.
Page Authority (PA) is a score developed by Moz that predicts how well a specific page will rank on search engine result pages (SERP). Page Authority scores range from one to 100, with higher scores corresponding to a greater ability to rank.
The goal of this case study to bring the account @ucluelet from a Page Authority of ZERO to a Page Authority of 100 (if that's possible).
Even though I added a few backlinks yesterday, it didn't show up on MOZ index yet. From what I understood, the index is updated only a few times a year. So we will have to be patient on that.
What I Did
- In the "Website" section of @cryptoctopus account, I've inserted steemit.com/@ucluelet (Do Follow Link)
- Created a Scoop.it Account to curate Ucluelet related content
- Opened an account on http://community.magicseaweed.com/ (Contextual DoFollow Link About Surfing)
- Wrote a new article about Ucluelet
- Submitted https://steemit.com/@ucluelet to Bing and Google
- Open a Gravatar Profile: https://en.gravatar.com/tourismucluelet (NoFollow)
- Open an About.me account: https://about.me/ucluelet/ (DoFollow)
- Open an About.me Account for my steemit blog: https://about.me/uclueletblogger/ (DoFollow)
- Open a listography account: https://listography.com/ucluelet (DoFollow)
- Start a public board on Trello: https://trello.com/b/cbFUpjnZ/ucluelet-british-columbia (Crazy Awesome DoFollow)
Steemit doesn't give away free DoFollow Links!
If you want to know which links on a page are DoFollow and NoFollow, I suggest that you install a chrome extension called NoFollow. It will box the NoFollow links on a page in RED.
I discovered that Steemit.com has been smart and having all links to NoFollow until a user has reached a certain level of Reputation. I do not know exactly what the threshold score is but I think it is a good idea to prevent people who would use Steemit only for SEO purposes.
For the following days, I will be adding more and more backlinks. My next report will give a better idea of the first step of my strategy. Please let me know how I can improve the casestudy, my report or my methodology.