Comments are worth more than upvotes!
Here’s a little more. 😊
Your comments are gold!
Here’s how your comments are your potential Steemit goldmine.
Finding a following
Before you begin using Steemit comments to find a following, ask yourself these questions:
- Who would I like to follow me?
- Why should the person that I would like to have as a follower follow me?
- What expertise do I have?
- Will this expertise help add value to my targeted potential follower?
Tags help drill down target followers.
Research Steemit tags which match your interests or expertise: gardening, internet, politics.... Comment on posts with those tags.
When making a comment, always ask yourself:
• Am I adding value to the post that I am commenting on?
• Is my criticism, disagreement respectful & constructive?
Comment on posts of people who you would want to follow you.
If you don’t mean it, don’t good post, beautiful picture everything. 👌
When someone asks for help or advice, if you can add value: help!
Potential unintended benefits.
Your comment can be upvoted.
• Upvotes from the author, of course.
• Readers of your comment may also upvote you.
Gain followers from readers of your comment.
A reader of your comment may decide to follow you, even if he is not the authour of the post that you are commenting on.
Are you ready to lift off?
What do you think?
The Steemit Rules
Steemit Rule 4
Well articulate comments are Steemit gold.
Corollary to Rule 4
You can gain both upvotes & followers from well articulated comments.