I know, owning STEEM right now, feels much different than a year ago.
However, 1 STEEM still equals 1 STEEM, regardless of its FIAT value.
If you want to sell it, that's fine - it's your decision!
But I'm seeing too many Steemians, throwing their hard earned STEEM away, by gambling with it.
With all respect: that's not a smart idea.
(If you're buying Steem Monsters packs with it, then its a good kind of gambling, because you're also investing in digital assets)
Over long, the bank/casino always wins - regardless if it's "transparent" or on the blockchain. Meaning, every gambler is throwing their money away, now or later.
But what if I told you: There is an Alternative!
Imagine, the 25$ worth of STEEM you've gambled away, could be easily worth 100$ in the future. (STEEM only has to reach 1$ for that, which is nothing in comparison to its history)
You might not gamble away a bitcoin-pizza, but small amounts sum up and there is an easy trick which will stop you from all temptations of gambling:
JUST POWER IT UP!
Besides saving you from gambling away your STEEM, this small action has many, many more benefits - let me explain:
- 1.) Steempower, in comparison to STEEM, grows passively by ~1% per year.
- 2.) Steempower can be utilized to earn curation rewards & selling-rewards
- 3.) Steempower can be used to reward contributions/content by participating in the reward distribution
- 4.) Steempower is much saver than liquid Steem. If someone has access to your active-key, they're not able to get it (as for example liquid STEEM) as long as you change the key and cancel the powerdown (of course you need to keep your password/owner-key save)
- 5.) Steempower is needed to have a higher say in witness voting (to secure the blockchain)
- 6.) Have you ever wanted to become a dolphin or whale? Now is your chance - with Steempower.
Honestly, I really just want the best for everyone reading this:
Don't gamble or waste your Steem - Power it up!
If you believe in this message, then please resteem/share this post - I want to reach as many Steemians as possible.
All the best and keep on steemin',
Do you believe that my work is valuable for Steem? Then please vote for me as witness.