Steem Connect Release Notes (Beta)
Release date: December 8 2016
SteemConnect is a service that manage authentication for your app Steem based.
(more infos on SteemConnect announcement)
Edit your public profile
- Upload your avatar
- Cover picture
- Edit your name, website and location
- Profile image gravatar solution
- Vote widget
- Payment link
Setup your app
Security and flow
On Log In
- You fill your password or posting wif on Steem Connect login form.
- If you filled a password it’s converted to posting wif in browser side.
- The posting wif is encrypted with csrf token on browser.
- A request is sent to the server with the encrypted posting wif.
- Server decrypt the posting wif then encrypt it with a server secret salt and create a cookie which is saved in user browser.
On Public Profile Update
For account metadata update, user is required to fill his active wif to broadcast the transaction on browser side. This wif is never saved.
- Activity page
- Wallet page with transfer list
- App store
- Manual signer popup for any transaction for untrusted sites
- Desktop app
- Mobile app
- Image server may fall due to number of request.
Stack & requirements
You can import the code and deploy it on your localhost. It should work out of the box. You're free to also explore the code
Please report an issue if it has not yet been listed on GitHub.
- SteemConnect Announcement
- SteemConnect Github Repo