I'm happy to finally present to you:
Runs on a (Raspberry) Pi single board computer that connects to your TV (HDMI) and shows the SteemPi web interface with the press of a button on your TV remote, it shows useful Steem related information, apps, links, cointickers and it has some entertainment as well.
Beside the functions of the web interface, the SteemPi system can also notify you on Steemit profile updates, with LED light notifications.
You can now install SteemPi onto your (Raspberry) Pi in 3 simple steps.
The SteemPi tutorial and files can be found on the new SteemPi Github
Some coding and linux experience is at this moment still useful to get started, but if you don't have this experience the tutorial, commands, and the comments in the "ledscript" and "index.php" will (hopefully) help you get more experience and it will explain what you can change and customize and how to add features to the SteemPi interface.
SteemPi v1.0 Features:
- Easy 3 step installation
- Led light notifications when new replies are recieved on your Steemit blog posts.
- Realtime Google Trends charts https://trends.google.com
- Switchable header apps
--- Steemitpond Made by @mynameisbrian
--- Whale Sonar Made by @elviento
--- Steem Stream Made by @roelandp
--- Steemitboard Made by @arcange & @captaink
--- Steem Followers Made by @shaunmza
--- Steem Supply Made by @dragosroua
--- ISS Live stream from space, Provided by Ustream
--- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live stream, Provided by Ustream
- Coingecko Coin Tickers: Steem, SBD, BTC, ETH
- live video streams: ISS, Aquarium +Fullscreen
http://www.ustream.tv/ embed any stream you want
- Steemit https://steemit.com/
- Dtube https://dtube.video/ @heimindanger
- Streemian https://streemian.com/
- Steemit chat https://steemit.chat/
- Steemit Pond http://steemitpond.com/ @mynameisbrian
- SteemVP http://steemvp.com/ @roelandp
- Steem Stream http://steemstream.com/ @roelandp
- SteemTracked http://steemtracked.com/ @shango
- Steemcap http://www.steemcap.com/ @ausbitbank
- Mentions https://mentions.steemdata.com/ @furion
- Whale Sonar http://steem.loadsup.net/sonar @elviento
- SteemPi https://steemit.com/@techtek @techtek @dehenne
SteemPi v1.0 board compatibility list:
Raspberry Pi 1...............Untested, should work
Raspberry Pi 2...............Tested, works
Raspberry Pi 3...............Untested, should work
Raspberry Pi zero..........Untested, should work
Raspberry Pi zero w......Untested, should work
Bananna Pi series.........Untested, should work
Odroid..........................Untested, Should work
Orange Pi series............Untested, should work
(Orange Pi: 1, 2, plus, plus 2, mini, mini 2, pc, one, lite, pc plus, plus 2E, pc 2, zero plus 2)
SteemPi probably also works on other single board computers that are compatible with the Wiringpi GPIO library.
The boards can be bought on-line, or find and support a local reseller.
Prices for those single board computers range from 5,- to 50,- usd +/-
Special thanks to @dehenne for helping with this project.
Please let me know, if you have it up and running, and let me know if you have questions, requests or sugestions etc.