I am really excited/glad to see this "new" and long-asking feature that has been released today by steemit. Great work!
However, one thing I immediately notice is that the Ctrl+V for picture upload is now gone. But you can instead select a file and upload it.
The Editior splits into two parts, left is your markdown editor, and right side is the preview window.
It is convenient as the toolbox provides buttons to insert different markdown objects such as hyperlinks, tables, different headings etc.
And one thing fancy is the coding format, you can select different syntax highlighting (but they may not work when posts published).
For example: Python formating
print("Thank you SteemIt!")
And this is PHP
(html comment removed: ?php echo "Great work!";
For a markdown user, the buttons are not so useful to me as I remember almost all markdown syntax.
The tables, the page breaks, the horizontal line, the GOTO-line these are new.
Also you can not mix markdown with HTML syntax, which is not good. How am I going to make text red?
<font color='red')doesnt work
So to sum up:
- ctrl+v pasting/uploading the image is gone
- HTML syntax is not supported anymore
- toolbox added for easy insertion of different markdown syntax
- preview window along your source code.
- code syntax hightlighting not actually working when publish the post.
- BUG: in preview mode, the [AT] address points to incorrect github.com instead of steemit.com
- when you edit the post, the original editor comes back.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thank you for reading ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
- Steem Blockchain Tools
- Computing & Technology
- Download Youtube Video
- Find Cheap & Bargin VPS: VPS Database
- Online Software and Tools
- Online File/Video Merger
If you like my work, please:
- Buy Me a Coffee, Thanks!
- Become my Sponsor, Thanks!
- Voting for me:
https://steemit.com/~witnesses type in justyy and click VOTE
- Delegate SP: https://steemyy.com/sp-delegate-form/?delegatee=justyy
- Vote @justyy as Witness: https://steemyy.com/witness-voting/?witness=justyy&action=approve
- Set @justyy as Proxy: https://steemyy.com/witness-voting/?witness=justyy&action=proxy
Alternatively, you can vote witness or set proxy here: https://steemit.com/~witnesses