I just started on Steemit a few days ago and one thing that bothered me is that you don't automatically get notifications of votes or comments on your post. Such a pity if you miss them! Especially in the beginning when you are doing your best to build your community. But fortunately there are a few solutions.
1. For your desktop (Chrome)
You can install the Chrome extension called steemification created by @fleuri by clicking on the following link:
- Install the extension (only Chrome at the moment)
- You will get a pop up where you can enter your user name and set the timer how often you want the extension to update. For me, this only works for my desktop.
For more information visit: https://steemit.com/steemit/@fleuri/steemit-notifications-browser-extension-download-now.
2. For your desktop (Chrome)
Another way to receive notifications on your desktop when you are using Chrome is to change the site settings.
- Open Chrome and go to Customize and control in the top right corner of your browser.
- Go to Settings
- At the bottom go to Advanced Settings. Click it and the settings menu should expand.
- Click on Content Settings (nder Privacy)
- Scroll down to notifications and click on Manage Exceptions
- Search for https://steemit.com:443 and allow it to send you notifications.
3. For Android/Apple: the eSteem App
Download the eSteem app in the Google Play Store or in the App Store. You can turn on notifications in the Settings. Make sure you are logged in first!
I hope this article was helpful :-)