Hey guys! I have started back at update 1 in a new series. In the previous one, I missed a few days and had some missing information along the way. With this new series, I will keep track of Steem Price, SBD Price and Alpha Pack price and compare all three of those.
Introduction - why?
Why daily pack prices you may ask? Well, this to me is the best indicator of a diversified investment in alpha cards index, or Alpha Packs Index (API). The API will be defined as the expected value of an alpha pack. If you'd like to know how that is calculated, feel free to check out this post which explains it
If you've purchased a lot of alpha cards, you'll likely have one or more of each card, or at least a huge variety of them. This index is an average of all cards which will help you decide whether the market is on an uptrend, downtrend, dip, etc.
NOTE: the volume and liquidity of cards is quite low, so for now the API might not be a perfectly accurate index but will still provide a very good estimator, especially when we have more data points.
Not enough data for any meaningful graphs
Prices used for today's calculations
- These prices are the LOWEST PRICE/BCX at the time of writing thus provides a very conservative estimate of your cards' worth.
- Some Gold Foil Legendaries prices may be lower then the market listed prices if not many cards have been listed. For example, if the cheapest Lightning Dragon ist $4500, which is not realistic thus biases the data, I might set the price to $1000 which is still quite high but much less biased.
Below shows the data used of each category with ascending prices.
This brings today's price to: $2.05 (+$0.04)
- For old series, click here
- 30/11: $2.08 when Steem was at $0.390 and SBD was at $0.833
- 02/12: $2.02 when Steem was at $0.343 and SBD was at $0.805
- 03/12: $2.01 when Steem was at $0.335 and SBD was at $0.809
- 04/12: $2.05 when Steem was at $0.319 and SBD was at $0.789
Selling Alpha Steem Monsters Packs