Hey Aussies. I hope you've enjoyed your summer, even though it's probably still going, cos you know, climate change. (I recommend watching Merchants of Doubt if you're still a denier, then see how you feel.) If you live in the northern hemisphere, well, sucks to be you with all that cold and snow and sleet etc. Unless you like that of course.
This photo was taken by me when I was back in Brisbane in January. I was a lazy shit and basically did no exercise the whole time I was there, but I did go for a walk around Kangaroo Point a few times. It was nice. I didn't have to constantly worry about being run over, like I do in Panama.
On the 3rd of March there was a BBQ in Adelaide. In true Adelaide style, attendance was in the double digits including some random chick showing up requiring Matt's fancy bottle opening skills.
No photos or posts.
The next Adelaide meet-up will be 28/03/19 at the Jade from 6pm.
Want a personalised Team Australia footer?
The usual community notices
Also check out @anzub, the Australian and New Zealand upvote bot in the Australia-New Zealand Discord server. As an active Team Australia chat member you will be eligible to use the @anzub community upvote bot on your posts.
If you have spare witness votes, you should consider voting for the MSP witnesses, particularly @ausbitbank and @aggroed, who've consistently supported the project. Current active Aussie witnesses include @ausbitbank, @bobdos, @jackmiller, @quochuy, @svemirac (as crowdwitness) and @thekitchenfairy.
Lastly, if you're feeling generous, you can delegate SP to the Team Australia upvote bots @centerlink, @mrsquiggle and/or @anzub (or any other bot you like) using Vessel. You can delegate to any of the MSP bots using this link.
Name and bio
@allyinspirit is an artist. She has a Diploma of Art and Design majoring in painting, but she is equally devoted to drawing with pastel, charcoal and pencil. She works from her private home studio in Sydney.
Intro post here.
"I'm lucky that I've always, if not fully believed in magic, at least wanted to find out how to. So making a Magical Wand has given me a tool that can help me to focus and relax ~ And then I can ask to bring more magic, more insight, more abundance, more harmony, more adventure, more of anything I want to bring into my life."
I know a guy in England who left his family to make wands and live on a boat. His now ex-wife was not impressed.
Name and bio
Intro post here.
"I trained aikido for over 10yrs in Serbia and have a black belt 2nd DAN still trying to find a club in Penrith (but I guess I need a car first)."
Nice. Although I have no idea what a "2nd DAN" is.
Congratulations guys, you're now part of Team Australia.
The rules for joining Team Australia
If you’re not yet a member and want to be, this is what you need to do:
- Vote here for our resident steemit witness and our Minister for Welfare @ausbitbank.
- Send me your introduction post so I can find out a bit about you. If you’re new to steemit you'll have to write one so use the introduceyourself and teamaustralia tags to help boost your following. Use this guide if you don't know what to write.
- If it’s not mentioned in your introductory post, tell me which city and country you’re in, cos let's face it, a lot of us live in Australia's fourth largest city—London. You need to have a connection to Australia to join.
- Tell me a fun fact about yourself. This can be anything. For example, maybe you have eight kids and three dogs, or you rode your bike across America, or you won the blue ribbon for javelin throwing at sports day back in high school, or Toadie came into the pub you work at one day and you served him a beer, or, maybe you can fit 55 maltesers in your mouth like Ed Sheeran can. It doesn’t matter what it is, I want a fun fact about you! The more fun, the better.
- Regularly check the Team Australia and Australia tags and upvote/follow the content you like. You can show your support by following the centerlink curation trail in steemauto. Instructions are here.
- Comment below or DM me in PAL-Discord that you want to join.
Once I receive this information I will try my best to write a good introductory paragraph about you for the official Team Australia membership updates. So the better your information is, the better I can make you sound. Where relevant, please use the teamaustralia and australia tags to promote your work.
Gif by @justcallmemyth
Team Australia footer by @bearone
Page divider by @kristyglas