I've completed the basic development of Steem Telly and got it running on my own Apple TV device. I initially thought I needed a developer account to be able to do so but I only needed to update Xcode to a newer version and I now can install the app wirelessly from my laptop to the Apple TV. A developer account will still be needed to sign the beta app to be sent to external testers and the final app to be published on the App Store.
Here is a list of thins I have added to the app in the previous week:
- I'm testing Cloudflare's IPFS gateway to load and cache IPFS content (thumbnails, videos and audio files) from D.Tube and DSound
- After testing on the device connected to my 41" TV, I decided that the app needed larger fonts and images on the grid
- I've added some analytics scripts to monitor the use of the apps once it goes live
- Each calls to the Steem Blockchain via LightRPC will be cached for few minutes in order to load a view faster when you come back to it.
- And I've fixed various bugs discovered during the test
Still in progress are the playlist and the Top Shelf which will be a list of trending content that are showing on the home screen of the Apple TV, before entering the app itself.
Here is the video demo on D.Tube:
And the same on Youtube: