(Greek: Σοφία Σοφία, "sacred knowledge"; Latin: Sancta Sophia or Sancta Sapientia; Turkish: Ayasofya) is a mosque located in the heart of Istanbul (present-day Turkey), the former capital of the medieval Roman Empire, originally established as a church.
It was originally established as the Orthodox Church. This structure has been in use as an Orthodox church since its inception in 1204 AD. It was converted to Catholic Church in 1204, and was used until 1261. It was later converted back to the Orthodox Church, which lasted from 1261-1453. But after that, in the middle of the fifteenth century, Turkey became part of the Muslim Empire. As a result, the structure was converted into a mosque. The new name is "Imperial Mosque", which lasts about 500 years. The main mosque in Turkey today is the Sultan Ahmed Mosque, also known as the "Blue Mosque". Which was established in 1818. But before the mosque was built, the "Imperial Mosque" was the main mosque in Turkey.
The building was later converted into a museum in 1935 by Mustafa Kemal Atatকrk, the architect of modern Turkey and the first president of independent Turkey. Which still exists. 
After the conversion to the mosque, many pictures of Jesus Christ painted in marble on the walls were erased with cement. The paintings have been buried in cement for about 500 years. But the images were restored after the installation was converted into a museum. As a result, the images of Jesus Christ become very vague. But later marble stones inscribed in Arabic by "Allahu and Muhammad (peace be upon him)" are also preserved. So the stones of these names are much brighter.