Steemfeed-JS has been updated yet again in response to USDT being below $1.00 USD.
The 2.1 release contains many other additions to make Steemfeed-JS more accurate, easier to debug and develop, etc.
The key points for this update are:
- Poloniex is re-enabled
- USD/USDT pair added to Bittrex. STEEM/USD changed to STEEM/USDT
- Overhaul of the proxy system. Nested proxying now works (e.g. steem->btc->usdt->usd)
- Instead of assuming USDT == USD, it's now labelled appropriately in the exchange adapters, and is converted like any other altcoin into actual USD.
- Verbose mode for debugging (or those that just love seeing walls of text). As simple as
node app.js -v
- Dry run mode, to see the price it would use, without actually publishing it (
node app.js dry). Can be used with normal mode, or verbose mode.
- In depth code comments for
exchanges.js- makes it easy to develop for.
- New exchanges
- Binance (STEEM/BTC, BTC/USDT)
- Kraken (USD/USDT)
Dry mode with Verbose
Above is an example of the new dry + verbose mode together. You can see exactly where the price data is coming from, and that it's querying multiple exchanges for pairs such as STEEM/BTC and BTC/USDT to get the median average.
toFixed(5) is used when displaying the numbers for sanity, don't worry, the rounded numbers are not used in the actual calculation.
See my post for Steemfeed-JS 2.0 - the instructions are exactly the same:
GIF Avatar by @stellabelle
Do you like what I'm doing for STEEM/Steemit?
Vote for me to be a witness - every vote counts.
Don't forget to follow me for more like this.
Have you ever thought about being a witness yourself? Join the witness channel. We're happy to guide you! Join in shaping the STEEM economy.
Are you looking for a new server provider? My company @privex offers highly-reliable and affordable dedicated and virtual servers for STEEM, LTC, and BTC! Check out our website at https://www.privex.io