ZAPFIC returns! More zap and more fic *
*just without the hassle of zappl!
What is #zapfic? Well I was the first to use the hashtag, so I guess I invented it, and I get to decide what it means.
#zapfic is a very short story written in less than 240 characters*.
Use a word/character counter like this free one (https://wordcounter.net/) to check your character count!
*Why 240 characters? Well originally it was posted to the steemit blockchain using the app “zappl”, but that app has been on an extended holiday, and we can't hang around for ever... so now no more hassle with zappl! You can post your #zapfic however you want!
Last week’s entries!
Thank you to everyone who participated! There were 12 entries.
It was so hard to choose between them, but here are the winners:
@deirdyweirdy, @calluna, @cyoadventuregame
@deirdyweirdy’s entry was particularly brilliant. What made it so good (in my opinion)? It is the clever way she (or rather her character) “trusts” her partner, and in doing so betrays his trust. So clever. Such a long story but squeezed into such a short form. Brilliant, well done! Worth reading if you haven’t, worth reading again if you have.
#zapfic Writing Contest Week 35:
Write a story - inspired by the prompt - in 240 characters.
No restrictions on how you post it to steemit. You can post it to steemit using steemit.com, partiko or anything else you want to use!
Try to ensure you tell as complete a story as you can.
This weeks prompt is : bird
You can interpret the prompt as you wish (the story does NOT have to contain the word “bird” in it)
- Post the 240 character (or less) story to steemit (use whatever you want - steemit.com, busy, partiko, or even as a comment! etc - the choice is yours!
- It must contain the hashtag #zapfic
- The story must be less than 240 characters long - use a character counter to check (here is one: https://wordcounter.net/)
- The story must be your own work, and previously unpublished
- If you post a photo (you don't have to, there are no "points" for photos, it is all about the story) please make sure you quote the source. If it is yours, say so!
- Resteem and upvote welcome but it is not essential (I am operating this contest at a “loss” to give something back to the community, so if you can resteem and upvote it will help me help you!)
- The steemit (or busy, or whatever) link to your post must be left in the comment section of this post
- The deadline for submissions is the payout of this post
- The judge’s decision is final
The price pool 3 SBI (#steembasicincome share), to be distributed as follows
1 @steembasicincome share will be given to the top three stories (as judged by me)
All valid entries will receive a 100% upvote (approx $0.09 at the time of posting) and a resteem from the judge (@felt.buzz) to over 1000 followers. ...
Sometimes I may give away bonus prizes too.
Note: this contest was invented by and is hosted, judged and run by @Felt.Buzz. it has bugger all to do with zappl
Thank you! and good luck!
Join us @steemitbloggers
Animation By @zord189
Posted using Partiko Android